Ask Armed Forces Dental Center if our services are right for youMake an Appointment
What is a Night Guard?
A night guard is a hard or soft plastic device (similar to a retainer) that's created by a dentist using molds of a patient's teeth. Night guards protect teeth from damage caused by teeth grinding and clenching during sleep.
How are Night Guards Made?
- Impressions are taken of your upper and lower teeth to confirm an accurate fit
- Using your impressions as a mold, the night guard is crafted out of strong, durable plastic
- When the guard is finished, it is properly fitted to your mouth
- Simply wear the guard while you sleep every night
Benefits of Night Guards
- May help reduce migraine pain
- Can reduce the damage and tension caused by grinding teeth during sleep
- Prevents tension-type headache pain
- Can help prevent jaw disorders by relieving pressure
- Prevents the development of TMD (temporomandibular disorder)
Don’t live with painful migraines and headaches. To find out if you might benefit from a custom-made night guard, call Armed Forces Dental Center at 931-648-4158.